Monday, November 7, 2011

Treats for the people

Fun times at the shop this weekend, One year anniversary, Dans Birthday... So long weekend for me! Got to the shop on Saturday and had the project of making some bike bar stools for sale, and for myself.
Heres a couple shots, I recycle broken/worn out frames from the bike shop and build them into bike related bar stools. None will be the same, pretty much anything can be used, and I will be selling them for $150. If you would like one of your own, please contact me. I can ship them, and can make them in multiple pieces for easier transport.


Made myself a little Canti-brake boss jig so we could start welding on some mounts onto any bike we want at the shop.. I started off with my frame first for a Klunker build I had brewing.



 Everything was going great, until this happened...

Luckily, I had my xtracycle to come to the rescue

Any typical single track air time is the only that caused this. I consider myself a pretty smooth rider so It for sure was rider error... Although this isnt the first broken fork for this bike ... Original schwinn forks DO NOT hold up to quarter pipe air-outs.
But then again, I am REALLY hard on forks these days...My cross bike last season
Anyway, Will be taking a trip back to the Quad Cities this weekend to hopefully finish up my Cross bike and my 29er that Standard Byke company is building me. Im pretty excited about them and I cant wait to see how they turn out! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment